The Island of Ioannina is an island and a settlement in the Lake of Ioannina (lake Pamvotis). It has a length of 800 meters, is consisted mainly of a wooded area and is one of the two inhabited lake islands in Greece.
We are at Ioannina. On the banks of the city, we see moored boats, fishing boats, fishermen who steer around their boats and talk.
The crossing to the island of the lake begins, as we move away from the verdant shore we can see the Aslan Pasha Mosque, built in 1618, which since 1933 houses the Municipal Ethnographic Museum of Ioannina. We also see the minaret of the Fethiye Mosque.
Afterwards, we approach the island with the volume of Mount Mitsikeli visible in the background.
We watch the green shore, moments from the daily life of the residents, someone swims in the lake, housewives have spread their washed bedsheets, a few buildings of the island, fishermen who sort out their catch, langoustines and small lobsters.
Lastly, as we leave the island, we cross to the opposite shore, in Amfithea, from where we have a panoramic view of the city of Ioannina and the mountain ranges of Epirus.